It's the little things in life
Well I'll never forget the first time that I heard
That pretty mouth say that dirty word
And I can't even remember now what she backed my truck into
But she covered her mouth and her face got red
And she just looked so darn cute
That I couldn't even act like I was mad
Yeah I live for little moments like that
Well that's just like last year on my birthday
She lost all track of time and burnt the cake
And every smoke detector in the house was goin' off
And she was just about the cry until I took her in my arms
And I tried not to let her see me laugh
Yeah I live for little moments like that
I know she's not perfect but she tries so hard for me
And I thank God that she isn't 'cause how boring would that be
It's the little imperfections it's the sudden change in plans
When she misreads the directions and we're lost but holdin' hands
Yeah I live for little moments like that
When she's layin' on my shoulder on the sofa in the dark
And about the time she falls asleep so does my right arm
And I want so bad to move it 'cause it's tinglin' and it's numb
But she looks so much like an angel that I don't wanna wake her up
Yeah I live for little moments
When she steals my heart again and doesn't even know it
Yeah I live for little moments like that
It's true, Dragi.
I live for little moments with you right now. I guess it's because we don't have little OR big moments, since we're so far apart. I think about rolling over in the morning, and feeling your body next to mine. I think about kissing you good bye as we leave for work, and kissing you hello when we come home. I think about holding hands. I think about doing things together- like grocery shopping- something I've always had to do on my own, or visiting places like the zoo or the aquarium. I think about showing you all of the places I've talked to you about- the river, my drive to work, downtown, my parent's house... OUR house. I think about laughing over something silly the kids said or did, and crying on your shoulder when things are bad.
It's not the big-bang moments in life that make a difference in the end. It's the little day-to-day moments that keep me falling in love with you over and over again. You steal my heart so many times, and you don't even know it, just like the song says.
I love you, and I miss you so much.
1 Comments:
wow.... you continue to amaze me. Your love for me continues to amaze me. I still wonder what I did to be loved like that? What I did to be so lucky? You're right. It's the little moments that make a relationship. Big moments count too, but it's the day-to-day love, respect, devotion, want, and desire that keeps the fire going forever. I look forward to holding your hand as we walk. To feeling you lean against me in a movie theater. To sitting on the couch, you leaning back against me as we take time to read, together, but separately. To bringing a picnic basket to work and sitting at your favorite spot in the park and eating lunch. To waking up and kissing you good morning and telling you that I love you for the first time for the day. To kissing you good night, and telling you that I love you one last time for the day. Those are the moments I dream about, Omaciti. The moments that await both of us...one day soon. I love you. Always. Forever.
Post a Comment
<< Home