Monday, November 13, 2006

Find Yourself

When you find yourself
In some far off place,
And it causes you
To rethink some things.
You start to sense
That slowly you’re becoming someone else
And then you find yourself.

When you make new friends
In a brand new town,
And you start to think
About settling down,
The things that would have been lost on you
Are now clear as a bell.
And you find yourself
That’s when you find yourself.

Well you go through life
So sure of where you’re heading,
And you wind up lost
And it’s the best thing that could happen.
‘Cause sometimes when you lose your way
It’s really just as well.
‘Cause you find yourself;
That when you find yourself.

When you meet the one
You’ve been waiting for,
And she’s everything
That you want and more,
You look at her
And you finally start
To live for someone else.
And then you find yourself;
That’s when you find yourself.

We go though life
So sure of where we’re heading,
And then we wind up lost
And it’s the best thing that could happen.
Sometimes when you lose your way
It’s really just as well.
Because you find yourself;
Yeah that’s when you find yourself.


Baby, when you told me that there was a song in the movie "Cars" that reminded you of me... I wasn't sure which one it was. I listened to each song, until I came across "When you find yourself", by Brad Paisley. I knew right away that was the song. Two years ago, I found myself wondering where "I" had gone. I lost myself. I lost myself to a husband who expected me to change, and to children who were so demanding of my time I didn't have any time to myself anymore. I lost myself to a husband who expected me to be a full-time mother, a full-time housekeeper, a full-time cook... all while I was working full-time. There wasn't enough 'me' to go around, so a lot of 'me' disappeared.

You changed that. You helped me see that who I was wasn't 'me' anymore. I love being a mother, but I hated being married to my kids' father. He was an income-producer, but that's about it. I felt no love, no respect, no honor, no dignity. Nothing. Nothing but resentment and depression. I knew I needed to find myself again.

Then there was you. You fell in love with the real me. You fell in love with the person I wanted to be- not the person my ex wanted me to be. You knew me better than he did within a few weeks... and know more about me than anyone. I trust you beyond what I ever thought possible. I love you more than I ever thought possible. And I am loved, by you, more than I ever thought anyone could love me.

I love you, Dragi.
Thank you for finding me. You're the one I've been looking for my whole life, and you're the one I live my life for now (well, ok- you and my boys). "We go though life, so sure of where we’re heading, and then we wind up lost and it’s the best thing that could happen. Sometimes when you lose your way, it’s really just as well. Because you find yourself."

I found myself... and the best thing about that was finding you too.

2 Comments:

Blogger MSG Keith said...

I fell in love with you because falling in love with you was so easy. The way you talked to me, listened to me, cried with me, loved with me, no one has ever made me feel the way you do. I'm glad I lost my way. I'm glad you lost your way. Because both of us were ready to be found. I'm just glad you are my partner for the rest of my life. I love you, Omaciti. I will forever.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Omaciti said...

*smile*
yes, baby.... we were both ready to be found, and I'm equally glad to be spending the rest of my years with my new best friend and the love of my life.
i love you

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home